- Violent Gods: Hindu Nationalism in India’s Present; Narratives from Orissa
- Land and Justice: The Struggle for Cultural Survival in Orissa
- In 1989, Chatterji became involved with the work of the Narmada Bachao Andolan (NBA, “Save the Narmada Movement”).
- She is one of the leading lights of the radical Leftist outfit called Forum of Indian Leftists (FOIL), which supports violent and banned organizations that regularly carry out guerilla wars against the Indian state. As part of FOIL and its extremist offshoot, Friends of South Asia (FOSA) she advocated that the people of Kashmir to rise against the imperialist Indian state.
- She equates Islamic terrorism with local communal incidents. In her view the Kandhmal communal hostilities between Hindus and Christians prove the Hindu majority to be fascistic.
- She is the great-great-granddaughter of Gooroodas Banerjee, the first Indian Vice-Chancellor of the University of Calcutta. Her formal education comprises a BA and a MA in Political Science. She also holds a PhD in the Humanities from California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS).
- Chatterji has served on human rights commissions, testified at briefings and hearings, including to United Nations Bodies, the European Parliament Human Rights Subcommittee, United Kingdom Parliament, and United States Congressional Commissions and Task Forces. She has provided expert testimony and affidavits to commissions, asylum hearings, and review boards, and conducted workshops and lectured at various universities and organizations internationally.
- Chatterji is the Co-chairman of the Research Project on Armed Conflict and People’s Rights at the Center for Nonprofit and Public Leadership, University of California at Berkeley aimed at protecting people’s rights in situations of internal armed conflict in India.
- Chatterji co-founded the International People’s Tribunal on Human Rights and Justice in Indian-administered Kashmir with Parvez Imroz in 2008 and served as Co-Convener from April 2008 to May 2012.
- Angana Chatterji was suspended from CIIS on 19 July, 2011 and on 25 October the CIIS Academic VP has recommended her termination. This was due to her links with Ghulam Nabi Fai, an ISI mole in the USA.