- Cedric Prakash
- John Dayal
Historians (Left “Self-Proclaimed”)
- Anannya Vajpaiee
- Romila Thapar
Intellectuals (Left “Self-Proclaimed”)
- Angana Chatterji
- Martha Nussbaum
- Meera Nanda
- Suzanne Arundhati Roy
- Vijay Prashad
- Vinay Lal
- Barkha Dutt
- Rajdeep Sardesai
- Sagarika Ghosh
- Siddharth Varadarajan – His wife Nandini Sundar is a DU professor who has been accused of deep links with Maoist terrorists.
- Sidharth Bhatia
- MK Venu
Ram Puniyani, Mahasweta Devi, Sandeep Pandey, Praful Bidwai, Anand Patwardhan. Jyotirmaya Sharma,
- Books – Breaking the Spell of Dharma and Other Essays
- Books – Prophets Facing Backward: Postmodern Critiques of Science and the Hindu Nationalism in India
- Books – Postmodernism And Religious Fundamentalism: A Scientific Rebuttal To Hindu Science
- Books – The God Market
- Meera Nanda is an Indian writer, historian and philosopher of science with a PhD from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. She was a John Templeton Foundation Fellow in Religion and Science (2005–2007).
- From January 2009, she became a Fellow at the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute for Advanced Study, in the Jawaharlal Nehru University for research in Science, Post-Modernism and Culture besides being a visiting faculty of history and philosophy of science at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali.
- The bulk of her writings is a critique towards any attempt to study Hinduism in the light of science. Interestingly as she was associated with the John Templeton Foundation, she did praise the Protestant work ethic whereas the notion of Practical Vedanta is criticized.