Water taxis is one service that is awaiting to take off in India. In the last few years many states announced plans for coming up with water taxis.
- Goa – 25 Jul 2019 – The Hindu
- Delhi – 27 Jun 2019 – Zeebiz
- Mumbai – 4 Nov 2019 – Travel Trends Today
- Mumbai – 31 Jan 2019 – Uber Taxi iamrenew
- Assam – 4 Feb 2018 – Economic Times
- West Bengal – 17 April 2017 – ibgnews
Although all these announcements were made, before all of them, it is likely that it will be Kerala that will beat them in this race. The first of the four water taxis is getting ready to deliver this month. It is designed and build by our firm, Navgathi Marine. The details on the boat design can be seen here.
13-Sep-2020 – Manorama News
Making the boat and launching the service is easy. The difficulty is in maintaining the service. SWTD has shown its capability to launch and maintain new service. Lets us see how this will move ahead.